Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Digital Camera Firmware (Ver.2.0) and Software Download for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Panasonic DMC-LX5 Firmware Downloads
Operating System(s):Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Xp
Panasonic DMC-LX5 Firmware – Download (15.6MB)
Panasonic DMC-LX5 Installation instructions for Windows Users:
- Make a temporary folder on your PC for downloading the file,e.g. C:/Temp.
- Download and save the firmware in the folder you created in the above step.
- Double click the downloaded file.You may see screen after you have double clicked the downloaded file, please click “Run” button and move to the next step.
- The self-extracted file LX5__V20.bin will appear.The file size for LX5__V20.bin should be 15,6 Megabytes.If the file size is not the same, please download and double click the file again. The file size can be checked by right-clicking on the file and selecting properties.
Panasonic DMC-LX5 Firmware Update Procedure:
- Check the current version of firmware used by your camera.
- Download an updated version of the firmware and double click the downloaded file to decompress it.
- Copy the firmware file onto an SD Memory Card.
- Install the firmware update.
Operating System(s):Mac OS X
- Panasonic DMC-LX5 Mac Firmware – Download (15.5MB)
Panasonic DMC-LX5 Installation instructions for Macintosh Users:
- Make a temporary folder on your Mac for downloading the file.
- Download and save the firmware in the folder you made in the above step.
- Extract downloaded file; Depending on your Macintosh setting the file maybe automatically extracted.If your OS is earlier than Mac OS X 10.3, please use Extract software. If your Macintosh OS is equal or later than Mac OS X 10.3, double click the file, LX5__V20.zip.
- The extracted file LX5__V20.bin should be 15, 5 Megabytes if the file size is not the same, please download and double click the file again. To check the file size, view “File in Finder” then check the information window.
- DMC-LX5 Manual and Installation detail
Description for Panasonic DMC-LX5 Firmware version 2.0:
- Auto Focus speed-up.
- [HIGH ISO NR] has been added to the [REC] menu.
- Improved auto white balance performance.
- [ACTIVE MODE] has been added to the [MOTION PICTURE] menu.
- The AF/AE Lock operated by half-pressing the shutter button has been improved.
- When [MF] is set, you can make fine adjustments to the focus using a simpler operation than before.
- The position and size of the AF area you have set are now stored.
- The upper limit of the shutter speed in Manual Exposure Mode has been raised.(Max 250 seconds approximately).
- [MINIATURE EFFECT] has been added to My Colour Mode.
- [MONITOR] / [VIEWFINDER] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.